Telephone Etiquette and Frontline Reception Skills
Vital Telephone Etiquette and Frontline Reception skills are critical in the creation of a lasting impression in the customers’ mind. These set the tone for a friendly and professional organisational environment right from the initial contact; projecting the organisation to be efficient, customer service-oriented and highly professional. The fortunate thing is that these skills can be easily acquired with the right training. Thus, the Telephone Etiquette and Frontline Reception Skills course will equip you on how you can improve the way you answer the phone, as well as eliminate any annoying telephone habits, behaviours and attitudes that may make you sound less professional. Through this course, you will discover how to always sound and look professional, attend to visitors with confidence and give the very best “first impression” to callers and walk-in visitors.
Who should attend the course?
This course is ideal for:
- Frontline Receptionists
- Administrative Assistants
- Customer Service Assistants
Delegates who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Create a favourable “first impression” that will last in the callers mind; and developing a professional telephone voice by using a simple 5 step process.
- Project professional credibility, authority and presence
- Analyse your own current telephone style to identify and eliminate any habits that may irritate or annoy callers;
apply methods for turning a negative situation or response into an extremely positive experience for the caller.
- Deal professionally and graciously with aggravating people and stressed colleagues, allowing you to remain calm, efficient and in control of emotional and conflict situations at all times; and to communicate effectively with people from the top of the organisation down to ensure you continually reinforce your professionalism and gain the recognition you deserve.
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the
best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Assessing your communication strengths and weaknesses
- Boosting your communication skills by integrating social intelligence and EQ into your communication style
- Essential etiquette for telephonists
- Surviving telephone tyrants
- The power of Word choice
- Discovering how conflict in the workplace arises and how to deal with it effectively
- Understanding business etiquette and business dress codes