Social Media Marketing
With the dawn of social media, everyone has the potential to be a socialite. At parties, at your desk, on the patio – with a click, snap, tweet or post, messages are instantly out there. To keep up with the times, marketing has become a social affair with many brands looking to capitalise on the immense benefits that social media marketing can offer. After all, socialites are adept at “spreading the word” as it were, as they flit from social media platform to social media platform.
This course will help you harness the power of social media, whether you’re a small business owner, a marketing manager or co-ordinator or an aspiring social media manager. It aims to give you an in-depth understanding of several social media platforms, and the online marketing tools, segmentation capabilities and metrics they offer. You’ll learn how to effectively reach and communicate with your customers using social media, the importance of engagement with a brand and how to set-up campaigns that people will be buzzing about for a long time to come. Best of all, this practical course will equip you with the skills to set up and manage your own social media accounts, helping you become a socialite extraordinaire.
Who should attend the course?
This course is primarily designed for the following target group in mind
- Aspiring social media managers, small business owners wanting to promote their business on social media, marketing managers, marketing co-ordinators and marketing assistants.
- Those currently unemployed and looking for a practical way to upskill and gain employment in the above fields, including university graduates and school leavers.
At the end of this course, Participants will be able:
- Increase your website’s visibility through Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques.
- Drive qualified traffic to your website through Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising
- Execute digital display campaigns.
- Capture, segment and manage subscribers to plan and execute a successful email marketing campaign.
- Use suitable social media channels to grow and engage an audience
- Measure and optimize social media campaigns.
- Leverage mobile marketing for its micro-targeting advantages.
- Analyse and optimize your overall digital marketing activity.
- Create a formal digital marketing plan for your business.
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Introduction to Social Media
- The Value of Social Media and the Importance of Content
- Introduction to Social Media Channels – Part 1
- Introduction to Social Media Channels – Part 2
- Social Media – Its Relationship To Your Website and Its Link To SEO
- Planning for Social Media