Microsoft Excel for Beginners Level 1
One of the greatest tasks that organisations are faced with on a daily basis is data visualisation and analysis. Almost every organisation around the world is faced with regular tasks like tracking hours, financing, invoicing and a whole lot of innumerable data analysis tasks. It therefore, becomes essential for a wide range of personnel from clerks, middle and senior company executives not only to become literate in using spread sheets, but competent enough to keep abreast with the challenges presented by their daily tasks. Microsoft Excel is undoubtedly the software used in almost every industry around the world. This course will equip you with a basic understanding of how to use many of the functions of Excel; such as tracking simple expenditures or calculating sums or totals, and use the program with ease. Upon mastering these concepts, you would add value to yourself by catching up in the performance of basic numerical functions using the latest software.
Who should attend the course?
This course is primarily designed for the following target group in mind
- This Microsoft Excel Beginners’ Course aims at anyone involved in data capturing and analysis tasks with the desire to enhance their basic skills. This cuts across the entire organizational workforce from technical staff to senior level management who are new users of Excel.
At the end of this course, Participants will be able:
- Give the participants a full overview of all of the most common features of MS Excel and how to use them with much ease.
- Gain a solid understanding of concepts, such as ‘What is a cell?’ and how to tell the difference between a column and a row. The course continues by explaining basic Excel concepts such as how to create, copy, delete, and cut information from Excel cells. You will also learn how to edit information that is put into a cell and how to insert and edit comments when using Excel.
- Cover sheets, which is an entirely different concept from cells. Here you will learn how to rename a sheet, delete a sheet, hide and unhide a sheet, move and copy a sheet. You will also learn how to change the colour of tabs
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the
best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- Working in Excel
- Editing a worksheet
- Formatting a worksheet
- Printing the workbook
- Managing large workbooks