Managing Virtual Teams for High Performance
Currently, one of the biggest challenges facing virtual teams is how to successfully work within that team. Teams that are geographically dispersed and primarily meet virtually – via webcast or conference call – present new sets of challenges.
Many team members have difficulty because they cannot see what other members are doing. Even the most skilled managers find difficulty in communicating and building a team when there is no physical proximity.
In Bradley Institute Managing Virtual Teams for High Performance Course, delegates will learn practical, easy to implement solutions to create a high-performance virtual team. With globalization a reality, this will become an even more common team dynamic. Mastering the art of working in virtual teams will increase your team’s productivity. It is even an opportunity to increase the freedom and flexibility of a team that works in the same office!
Who should attend the course?
Professionals managing remote teams or existing traditional teams that are evolving into more virtual roles.
- individuals who are interested in understanding the facets of diversity and learning how to manage it; and
department and organization managers.
The workshop aims include ways to:
- Effectively manage team dynamics in remote and virtual teams
- Leverage communications technologies to the benefit of your remote and virtual teams
- Identify the specific skills required for managing remote and
- Evaluate the impact of culture and language on your team’s performance
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the
best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Discussion – what is a virtual team? why are they critical?
- Statistics and trends on virtual teams
- Virtual teams – Cases of great success and great failure
- Build a Strong Team, Starting with You
- Gather the Right People
- Put Technology to Work
- Master the Art of Communication
- Build a Sense of “We”
- Manage by Results
- Building a practical for your virtual team