International Trade Finance
This 5 day International Trade Finance training course is highly intensive, practical and cutting-edge. The course is designed to explore all the main risks in contemporary trade finance products and structures. This course opens up the communication channels between credit managers and trade finance managers in a highly practical manner.
In 5 intensive days, this course confronts the current issues in international trade finance on a step-by-step basis. It will lead you through a thorough understanding of the risks and solutions involved. You will return to work fully aware of the best risk mitigation and internal communication techniques, ready to do business in a safe and prudent manner.
Who should attend the course?
This course is primarily designed for the following target group in mind:
- This International Trade Finance training course is suitable for all delegates that are interested in contemporary trade finance and is aimed at improving the communication between credit managers and trade finance managers.
Delegates of this 5-day course will gain a practical understanding and working knowledge of:
- A payment, negotiation, acceptance, confirmation and deferred payment credits
- The UCP-ICC 600 rules
- International documentation
- Back to back, front to back and event-triggered finance
- The mechanics of discounting, forfaiting and factoring
- Pre-shipment and pre-export risk assessment
- International contract financing
- Marketing trade finance – internal and external
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the
best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Letters of Credit and their Variants
- Back To Back Issues
- The Essential Differences between Guarantees and Standby L/Cs
- Forfaiting and Factoring
- Warehouse Financing and Fraud Avoidance
- Structured Pre-export Finance