Gateway to Practical Corporate Governance
Gateway to Practical Corporate Governance Course overview
“Are you looking for an introduction to the intricacies of corporate governance? Do you need to sharpen your existing competencies in this area or re-evaluate your understanding and priorities of issues that are directly relevant to business life?”
Get up to speed with corporate governance trends, critical issues and risk management techniques. Re-evaluate priorities and bring operational efficiency and resilience to your organisation.
Bradley International Training institute offers a four days Course that provides you with knowledge and skills in the area of corporate governance and risk management within the private and public sectors. It covers the various legislation and policies that exist to guide good corporate governance practices, the obligations and duties of corporate leaders and managers with respect to compliance with such legislation and policies, and the civil and criminal liability that may arise with non-compliance and poor corporate governance practices.
Who should attend the course?
Main board directors, subsidiary board directors or company secretaries who wish to improve their understanding of the critical issues of corporate governance today.
- All directors and managers of organisations
- Members of audit committees
- Managers of internal audit departments and other assurance functions
- Anyone else with an interest in Corporate Governance
Gateway to Practical Corporate Governance Course objectives
The workshop aims include ways to:
- Understand what corporate governance is actually all about, and have acquired practical advice on how to implement it in your own workplace.
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate compliance, and be able to defend yourself against accusations of negligence
- Make contact with fellow businessmen and businesswomen who face similar governance challenges to your own, and develop your professional network
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning including:
- Class Session
- Group Discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and Problem Solving Exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Course Introduction and Overview of Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Introduction to King IV
- Leadership, Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Performance and reporting
- Governing Structures and Delegation
- Governance Functional Areas
- Stakeholder Relationships
- General Corporate Governance Strategies