Financial Management and Disbursement for World Bank Donor Funded Projects
The effective use and deployment of donor funds for various projects demands careful utilization and timely reporting mechanisms to the funders. It is only when funds are effectively managed in accordance with the donors requirements will there be the motivation for re-imbursement of financial resources.
Unfortunately many NGO’s, and development agencies are caught up with inadequate management of donor financed projects and reporting mechanisms.
This course is designed to promote improved compliance with operational policies and donor agency procedures on effective financial management, and to empower participants on the use of various disbursement methods and the use of periodic project management reports (PMRs) in line with donor agency disbursement and requisition requirement.
Participants will also explore other core competencies and skill based on areas such as, planning, budgeting, financial and management accounting, auditing, accountability and transparency in the management of funds, procurement, and financial project monitoring systems.
The overall objective of this four weeks course is to enable participants to competently design and manage project financial management systems and accountability methods in accordance with donor guidelines and procedures.
Who should attend the course?
- Principal Budget officers
- Assistant budget officers
- Budget Clerks
- Finance Managers
- Department or Sectional Heads
- Senior Accountants,
The workshop aims include ways to:
- Understand the principles of financial management for donor/grant funded projects.
- To understand how financial management and budgeting are interrelated.
- To grasp the core understanding of how budgets are compiled and monitored.
- To be able to present a well-defined reporting system as a compliance measure.
- Understand project finance & budgeting.
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning including:
- Class Session
- Group Discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and Problem Solving Exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Financial Management for Non Profit Making Entities
- Management & Disbursement of Donor Funded Projects
- World Bank Financed Projects
- Project Management
- Practical – Project Management Process
Duration: 3-week course