Excel for Financial Management
Financial literacy alongside relevant digital technological expertise have become a must have for most financial professionals. Thus, Excel is a program that most professionals pick up as they go along, the result being a basic level of competence that is sufficient for “getting by”. However, organisations are increasingly expecting more. Excel for Financial Management is a course that provides practical, hands-on training on Excel’s features and functions, which will enhance your efficiency in the workplace and your value to the organisation. This course also assumes familiarity with the basic techniques covered in the Microsoft Excel for Beginners’ course:
Who should attend the course?
This course is primarily designed for the following target group in mind
- This program is ideal for people working in accounts teams, finance-related roles as well as people with investment banking roles, looking to extend their knowledge of excel in a financially driven context.
At the end of this course, Participants will be able:
- Gain best practice techniques in pulling financial information into Excel, common pitfalls to avoid when using key financial functions and some useful presentation tips.
- Award the opportunity to use example financial statements such as cash-flows and look at common size statements.
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the
best opportunities for learning including:
- Class session
- Group discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and problem solving exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Introduction to Excel course
- Setting up a Financial Worksheet
- Conditional formatting to analyse data
- Working with data
- Cash flow spreadsheets
- Financial Functions
- Reviewing Financial Statements
- Spreadsheet Debugging Skills
- Analysing the Output