Crucial Skills for effective and Efficient Managers
Essential Skills for Managers Training overview
This 5 days course is designed to support human resources (HR) functions in an organizational setting. The invaluable techniques and processes learnt will enable any HR department to improve their value, and develop a cohesive, effective team that works strategically to meet business goals.
Process techniques taught will give you the ability to analyse and improve on the significance of HR process activities and refine them for maximum output as HR functions are often undervalued and well marketed in organization. This short course is not only for HR personnel but for any manager who wants to improve efficiency, maximise effectiveness and increase profits.
Who should attend the course?
- Any one in HR who is building or advancing their career, managers overseeing the HR departments of their organisations.
- Senior Personnel who want to know what and how a well-developed HR team and department can really do to add value to an organisation.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Apply a Return on investment formula (ROI) to any HR activity and demonstrate the result to others
- Radically improve performance appraisal systems and others to provide key strategic information on employee competence and performance through KPI’s or Dash Boards
- Master and be able to carry out process analysis on any existing HR process with a view to improving it
- Examine across the organisation the number of people employed, do a right size model, and explain the results
- Demonstrate a new approach to the recruitment process and show how it can add value and improve the organisations talent growth
- Master several techniques that will make your organisations employees more effective.
- Employees returning from this program will be able to demonstrate how HR contributes to the organisation – from a financial perspective
- Introduce alteration to current HR processes to improve the effectiveness to the organisation
- Be able to report on performance, competence and reliability statistics from existing processes
- *Be able to show improvements through workflow modelling on how some HR processes have been improved
- Better able to assist manages to improve productivity with the existing staff.
- Master and be able to do process mapping and improvement across the organisation
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning including:
- Class Session
- Group Discussions
- Simulations exercises
- Case studies and Problem Solving Exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Introduction – Knowing Yourself
- Managerial Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Recruitment, Selection and Retention
- Effective Communication – Is It Just “Common Sense”?
- Performance Management
- Building Effective High Performance Teams
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Summary, Review and Action Planning