Assertiveness Techniques and Self Confidence
Assertiveness Techniques and Self Confidence are two skills that are crucial for success in life. The feeling of self-worth and confidence in expressing oneself is a challenge that other face daily, and it can make life very painful and challenging. These skills provide opportunities and benefits to participants in their professional and personal lives. Self-confidence and assertiveness skills are the pillars to personal success in a demanding and unforgiving business and personal environment. Successful professionals in the world have all discovered the vast benefits of being assertive and avoiding the traps of becoming too aggressive or submissive.
Assertiveness skills are a foundation for self-awareness and better relationships with others. The resources that you will be introduced to can help you to transform the way you manage yourself, and help to improve your relationships with others at work and outside of the work environment. It is very difficult to be a manager unless you have mastered assertiveness skills.
This course which will highlight your current level of assertiveness and guide you through a number of practical exercises and case studies that will help you to boost your self-confidence and prepare you to implement your newfound assertiveness skills. The course will give participants an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence mean (in general and to them personally) and how to develop and manage these feelings in their day-to-day lives.
The course helps delegates to develop communication techniques which will result in increased productivity, motivation and success. It will further ensure;
- Building self confidence in the workplace
- Developing an assertive style
- Confidence in managing your line manager
- Recognition of the link between assertiveness, confidence and self-esteem.
- Identification of the best approach to use when voicing ideas and opinions to colleagues and senior managers.
- Handling difficult situations and people confidently and assertively.
- Dealing with criticism, confrontation, anger, and negativity effectively and positively.
- Overcoming of feelings of apprehension and understand the importance of language and body language to assertiveness.
- Use of assertiveness techniques for dealing with bullies and aggressive people.
- Learning to say no.
- Development of techniques for better working relationships using assertiveness.
Who should attend the course?
- Middle management level employees
- Team leaders
- Employees who have been earmarked for succession into management
The training aims to enable participants to:
- Differentiate between assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviours and their effects on your work and personal life
- Determine your level of assertiveness
- Apply assertiveness to improve professionalism
- Learn the dangers of passive-aggressive behavior
- Employ a proven 4-step plan to be more assertive at home and work – with practical exercises
- Handle a range of difficult business situations assertively without upsetting people in the process
- Understand self-confidence and how it affects your interactions with others
- Use the 6 major techniques for improving confidence
- Maintain emotional control especially under stress
- Be more confident
- Have an understanding of different personalities and their effect relationships
- Recognize the difference between assertive and aggressive behavior
The Learning Model
The trainer uses up-to-date training techniques and a variety of training methods, to give all participants the best opportunities for learning including:
- Class Session
- Group Discussions
- Practical Exercise
- Case studies and Problem Solving Exercises
- Individual assignments
- Templates and tools
- Deepening self-awareness
- Developing a positive self-image
- Defining assertiveness
- Submissive behavior
- The consequences of submissive behaviour
- Why be assertive?
- When to be assertive?
- Assertiveness questionnaire
- Aggressive behavior
- Passive aggressive behavior
- Assertive behaviour
- Being polite and tactful in assertive communication
- Learning to say no (How to say no)
- Assertiveness techniques
- Be prepared – practicing scenarios
- Practice new reactions to facing aggressiveness and bullies in the workplace
- Feel empathy for difficult demanding people
- Dealing with conflict rather than avoiding conflict
- Transactional analysis: how to communicate effectively
- Building confidence and self-esteem and self-love
- Confidence building techniques
- Effective Communication
- Managing difficult conversations (with your boss, colleagues, friends or family)
- Being Assertive – How to become the person you want to be
- Managing difficult situations in a confident and assertive manner
Duration 2 Days